7 Simple Steps to Buying your First Home!
1. WHERE? Choose your favorite parts of town. Ride through neighborhoods. Ask your co-workers, family and friends where they live or for the names of some neighborhoods and areas that they recommend. Do you prefer to live close to town or in the suburbs? Urban or suburban? Near the airport and interstates? Are schools important to you?
2. WHAT? While visiting neighborhoods, take note of what style house you are attracted to. There are many to choose from!
3. WHO? Contact an agent. I know a great one! Email Kimberly
4. HOW? Find out how much house you can afford to buy. If you don’t already have a relationship with a lender, your agent will have a list of preferred lenders. By providing some basic employment, income, credit and debt history information, this free process, referred to as pre-qualification, will provide you with an estimate of the price range you can afford.
5. WHEN? Look at properties! Your agent will set you up on what we call “Client Gateway”. This is a daily email you will receive which uses your criteria of style home, price range, and other parameters to pull from a property database those home that fit the needs and desires of you and your family. Once you and your agent devise a list of properties that interest you, he or she will take you to look! This is the fun part!
6. GO! Make an offer. Your agent will assist you in determining a reasonable offer to make on the property of your choice and will walk you through the process from contract closing. There is a lot to think about and coordinate during the contract process so this is where an experienced agent will be invaluable! With the help of an expert agent, this process will go very smoothly.
7. CLOSE! Closing day. It’s official! You are now a homeowner!